Monday, October 20, 2014

Track and Field Competition






So the day before my co-teacher, literally called me and said I was going to go to a sports competition. The first thing that came to my mind was "how about class?" He told me that they all will be participating in the event. However, I had to teach after school classes. It would of been better if he told me ahead of time in advance. I'm pretty sure if its a city wide event, the days were most likely set. I had lesson planned for all my classes for nothing and I can't use it for next week either. My co-teacher teaches the sections and we alternate sections on what the students left off. Hence, that I only go to that school once a week.
My co-teacher is not the best person to describe directions at all..neither am I. That is the reason why I don't give directions to anyone and that is why they would receive a map from me. So I ended leaving my house at 8:20am to give myself a head start in case I get lost. So here I go walking around remembering the directions in my head that he gave to me over the phone the other evening. I followed the instructions and 20 minutes passed by and I didn't see any signs that lead me towards city hall. I started to doubt the directions he gave me and gave him a ring. We were going back and fourth on the phone until I told him just let me know what the name of the place is, I can find it myself. I was a bit frustrated...so my co-teacher told me to give my phone to a stranger, not a bad idea. So I found a plant shop with a cutie inside haha.. I said hello in Korean and literally stuck my phone in his ear because he didn't know any English at all. 

But anyways, October 17th was a city wide sports athletic competition in my town. The best runner of each age group represents there school. I also seen some of my other students from my other two schools that I teach at. They all greeted me with big smiles. I told them a term that Koreans use a lot, fighting! I was wishing my students the best. It was a nice experience to watch my students participate in the athletic competition. I hope throughout this school year I will be able to participate in more school events and cheer on  my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment