Monday, December 29, 2014

Zen Clinic in Busan




I have been wanting to go to a dermatologist in Korea for awhile to treat my cystic acne and acne scars. I recently meet a friend through mutual friends and for some reason we were talking about skincare and cosmetics...and it eventually ended her recommended a place where she went for her skincare treatments. It's called Zen Clinic in Busan. I went to a consultation with my friend in a really nice room. We didn't wait long since we made an appointment. My friend was super helpful with translating everything in English. The person that did the consultation did not really speak english at all, but she was super nice. She recommended to do the scar treatment solution also known as MCL31 in Korea. 

In english terms it is pretty much similar to the profractional laser treatment. She told me it will be painful but and your face will be red for the week. I was not thinking for the worst at all. hahha The rooms are really nice, the bed was warmed up with a heated blanket and my friend had the bed next to me which was great. They put white numbing cream all over my face and sealed it with plastic wrap...now the waiting part begins..30 min or so... while I was getting numb for some reason they had to draw some blood from me to formulate a cream to put on my face to reduce the pain...but I was like blood....it was very interesting to me and I still do not what it is called in english til this day but it was part of their service...I was a bit skeptical so I asked my friend laying near me so many questions.. if it was good or not. She said it was good because they added it as service for the package deal since I was a foreigner, she said it originally cost about $300 for this cream that they formulate. Yay for me!! 



After 20-30 minutes, they tell you to wipe off the numbing cream and wash your face with the cleanser that was provided. The numbing cream did however manage to get in my eye and it was burning a bit...Here comes the big part...I was taken to another room the window was slightly cracked but it was for a good reason... They use a laser similar like the profractional laser and an air suction...The pain was bearable but the first laser that touched my skin, did hurt a little I have to say...There was some parts of my face that was definitely more sensitive than other parts of my face...but it smells when they do the laser treatment. I did not know how bad my face would look until after I finished the session. 

My face was on FIRE, it was like a major sunburn. My pain tolerance is very low so everything hurts. I was in pain! I was like what did I agree on!!! Holy sh*&^! I was taken to another room for a ice pack mask, the nurse I would say did it twice since my face was on flames when she took it off. I told her in English, it hurts! knowing that she does not speak any English. About 20-30 minutes for each of the cold pack on my face to reduce the pain on my face. The cold pack felt so cold I wanted to take it off...I didn't know if it was hurting me more or relieving my pain... She asked me if I wanted a shot and I immediately said "YES!", it was to help reduce my pain on my face. Shot right on my right butt cheek but boy did it help! I highly recommended the shot if you are in pain! Recovering time took about 5 days...I'm not posting photos because it looks gross and I don't wanna scare you all away.

Welp here is my first time experience at a Derm! More to come since I'm not done with my sessions.

XOXO, 
Chuiee

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chuiee, may i ask how is the result of this laser treatment ? I'm planning to come to Busan for holiday and thinking to get this treatment done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic
    facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi are you able to tell me more about the pricing?

    ReplyDelete