Monday, November 3, 2014

Birthday Weekend



After Halloween, my birthday is like around the corner. This year my birthday landed on Sunday. My Korean college friend had made plans for my fabulous birthday weekend. I was so excited for that weekend! We were supposed to go to spend a weekend in a pension in Taean, claming, and etc. My friend had already booked a place for all of us to stay for the weekend, so all we needed to do was to show up in Cheonan. As the weekend was approaching, the weather was not coping with us at all. It was raining that weekend and it was suppose to get even worst...Great! What a great start to my birthday weekend! TT Before heading out to the train station to Cheonan, I had dinner with a friend that was introduce to me by my main school. She was a college student in Changwon about the same age as I am. My colleagues told me that she would like to meet foreigners in Milyang. From what I heard from them, she lived in New York City for 3 years interning at a Korean company. We finally were meeting up for dinner on Friday. I was pretty excited!!!




But this week, I caught a cold this week somehow, so I had the sniffly running nose, cough and a throat that was aching. I thought it would be a great time to have some delicious Sam-se-tang. It was also drizzling and cold outside so it was perfect to have some chicken rice soup. We ended up talking, non-stop about ourselves and what we did in America. It was great until it was time to leave. I purchase a ticket to leave Milyang on Friday night so I can arrive at Cheonan at 10:45pm. My train was leaving at 7:10pm. So, we ended up leaving at 7pm, I thought I had enough time to get to the train station,,,boy was I wrong...I blame it all on the stupid rain...I quickly power walked to my apartment to grab my carry-on luggage and bolted out the door. I took a cab and there was traffic...for some reason since it's raining, people all of a sudden have different driving styles...being super slow...ughhh...As soon as I got to the train station, I ran as fast as I could with all the bags in my hands. I missed my train by 1 minute...I couldn't believe it...ughh... I saw it leaving and I was like F*%&@! I went to the counter and told them I just miss my train the representative helped get my reimbursement back but I had to pain a penalty fee of 4000 won. It is definitely better than the full amount. 
 


The representative was super nice and she helped me book another ticket for next train heading out to Cheonan but I had to wait an hour...and it was also double the price because it was KTX...TT....You learn from your mistakes!.. When I arrive in Cheonan station, my friend was at the station looking for me. I was apparently suppose to go to Cheonan-Asan station. That is why we couldn't find eachother....OMG moment...I felt so stupid...ughh..I had to take the metro to Cheonan-Asan. I followed all the signs for Cheonan-Asan but no one was waiting there, about 10 minutes passed. I started doubting myself and tripled check the signs and it had arrows assuring me that I was heading to Cheonan-Asan Station. I called my Korean friend and told her about my situation to just double check. I ended up giving my phone to a complete stranger after saying excuse me in Korean so my friend can check if I was at the correct place. Of course, I had to pick the most gorgeous looking man to help me hahaha and he was right in front of me so it was meant to be. I was standing on the wrong side...now it started to make sense that no one was standing over here...O.O...great now I look stupid...fml...>.< He was so helpful and the group of guys were so cute. As I was leaving the metro, they were waving goodbye. I respectfully said good-bye and gave them a head bow. I was laughing at myself because I made myself look like a fool in front of them standing on the wrong side...hahaha..you just got to love it..

I was finally at the correct station. I  meet up with my college friend and a friend from another town. I felt so sorry and bad because they had to wait another 20 minutes because of my careless mistakes. My Korean friend just got her driver's license not to long ago, so she was a newbie at drivng. She picked me up at the station and she has one of those cute small light aqua blue compact cars. I felt like I was in one of those light blue fake barbie doll cars hahaha. Anyways, we decided to go see a movie called Dracula in Port-a-Pent in Cheonan at CGV. It was my first movie theater in Korea and it was amazing. They had a wide selection of affordable food choices, a section of fashion displays, and much more. You even had the option to choose your seats of where you wanted to sit. After getting are cheese bacon fries and beer we headed to the room.

 
Outside of the movie theaters, there are many places to buy snacks from...which I love..something that I need to bring back to the States with me...and it is not overprices...
Fancy movie theater rooms...very elegant..
Morning breakfast from my Korean friend's mom...she is super sweet...rice cake and mandu...homemade of deliciousness... :)
Italian food for my birthday lunch....
Super cute chef....had to take the picture of him in front of the oven brick...
Table setting and the server was super nice and generous.. (:
This pasta dish was a red sauce pasta..very flavorful..it was delicious but it didn't blow me away...it very good Korean Italian food.
White sauce seafood pasta...very delicious and flavorful...
This pizza blowned me away..it was super delicious and cheesy...There is honey on the side were you drizzle on top of the pizza and it is phenomenally delicious...I want to go back just for this heavenly piece of master piece.
Of course, Bing-su to Cheesecake Patbingsu...droolss...
Oven fried chicken was pretty delicious....but for the pasta with grilled chicken probably not going to order that again...It tasted like boiled pasta with white sauce from a can poured on top..><
Late night drink... 
















No comments:

Post a Comment