Sunday, May 10, 2015

Holi Hai!


Holi Hai is a popular Hindu Spring festival celebrated around the world. Holi is consider a time when humans and nature shimmy off the gloomy winter days and celebrate the upcoming colors of spring. 

There was a Holi Hai event held in Busan. It was one crazy color fight in a massive crowd on the beach. In the beginning of the fight the color powder fight was really cool until I was choking on the dust of color that polluted the air. There were a lot of strangers coming up to me smearing paint all over my face. This was my first time going to a Holi Hai Festival and it was interesting. I have to say the powder color stains your clothes when it gets wet. My embossed white flower shirt was stained and it look pretty unique and I think I will still wear that shirt with the amazing art work. ( I'm in the middle of the picture by the way. The other two are my friends I have meet in Korea.)

After the event was over we were covered with the color powder and acrylic paint. One of my friends was staying in a hotel, so we were able to wash up before heading out for a late lunch. I think we might of stained the white towels. Oops! The paint was a pain in the butt to remove, so we had patches of different colors on our skin. While we were walking around, we could tell who was at the Holi Hai event by looking at the people who were still covered with paint on their clothes and body...lol 

It was definitely a fun day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment