Sunday, June 7, 2015

Taejongdae



Taejongdae was a really nice place to relax and enjoy the beach. I have attached the link about the park. Beware that you are walking on an incline so be prepared to wear sneakers or comfortable shoes. My friends and I decided to go on a whim and I wore flats that day but there were women in heels and men in nice leather shoes. I was surprised the women's were able to last that long. It is a great escape from the city life or country side. 

I went on a Saturday and it was a bit crowded. There is an option to take a tourist train ($2-3 USD) to the park but we decided to walk since we were up for the adventures. The train looks like the one in a theme park all deck out and colorful that attract tourist but, It was not a far walk, we were so busy talking and catching up with each other that we nearly past the turn that lead to the beach. Taejongdae is known for their rock beach which has a beautiful view of the ocean and lighthouse. This park was also in a Korean Drama, Pinocchio. It was the suicide scene of the mother for all of those who watched the drama. Don't mind me with that awesome hat, I have misplaced my sunglasses so the sun is shining right at me. The sun was beaming hot that day and I was able to pick up this hat for only 5,000 won. ($5 USD)

 The rocks are very smooth and slipper if it's wet. It is such a nice view from the rocks. There were many people eating at this area. It was like a picnic area with a great view.
We had a picnic with delicious kimbab and juice while enjoying the scenic view. It was also very breezy once you reach this side. I would definitely like to come back to this place, but there is so much to see in South Korea that I haven't explored yet.




-chuieeglam

No comments:

Post a Comment