Monday, May 4, 2015

Kang's Dental Clinic


(Picture taken from google so it's blurry)
This month has been full of visits to the doctor's office. My dentist check up was due for another visit to the dentist. A good rule of thumb, every 6 months, it is best to check up with the dentist for potential cavities and good oral hygienes. 

I had a cleaning done with Kang's Dental Clinic in Seomyeon. It cost about 18,500 won (about $17 USD or less) with my insurance provided by my school. I have to say the cleaning is not comparable to the states. I had an x-ray and it took about 3 tries because they had some sort of malfunction with the machine. I was getting worried because of the radiation from the x-rays but it finally worked on the 4th try. I was than proceeded to the dentist rooms, which are divided with screens. When I had my teeth cleaned, they were polishing my teeth without any teeth polish (red/green paste). My teeth were grinding against metal, it was a disturbing sound. There is no flossing, mouth rinse, or any sort of tingling minty freshness...which I was looking forward too. After the cleaning, the dentist assistant poked around my teeth for potential pain from cavities. I had two cavities..yikes..I also had two crowns done from my previous root canals done in the states. It took about 4-5 visits to finish up my two root canals but I have to say it was way quicker than the states. 

Here is the break down for the root canal and the crown included:

Porcelain- 600,000 won (about $550 USD)
Gold- 500,000 won (about $450 USD)
Porcelain with metal- 400,000 won (about $350 USD)

My experience at the Kang's Dental Clinic has been great and I'm sure I will go back for any other problems with my teeth. He is very throughly with the procedures and he doesn't rush which I found reassuring and that I was in good hands. I also took pictures but I can't seem to find them. I will take pictures of the place when I go back to Kang's. Here is some info about Kang's (for more pictures google kang's dental clinic): 

http://busanhaps.com/dir/kangs-dental-clinic/
Dental Thread: http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=879.200

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, really helpful post. Glad I am one of your readers.
    http://www.esteticomanila.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like a good dental cleaning. Finding a good dentist is wonderful, but it is even better when the dentist is really thorough with his or her dental practices. Dental problems can and will sneak up if you aren't proactive in getting them taken care of early. Preventive measures save a lot of headache and money.

    Bennie Chandler @ Pine Creek Dental

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great account of all the procedures you did. My husband was looking into certain procedures for me to undergo in the future but could not find a dental clinic we were both happy with. I hope you are doing well, thank you for the great information really helped with our decision. Could not be happier, thank you.

    Nicky Waller @ My Grand Dental

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I think I would be nervous getting my teeth looked at outside of the country. It sounds like you made it through without any major issues though. To be honest, the prices for what you had done are very reasonable. You would have paid quite a bit more stateside for the dental work you had there. Good luck.

    Sharon Woods @ Fall Spark Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and informative blog. Thanks very much for sharing it with us. To get the best results from dental tetaments you need to plan your treatment at the best dental clinic in Punjab. This centre has all modern treatment facilities and highly experienced dentists to cure you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we talk about the best Dental Clinic then Smile Zone Dental Speciality Centre is the optimal choice for you. You will get the best dental services at a very reasonable cost. Must visit the link for more details.

    ReplyDelete