Sunday, June 7, 2015

Haedong Yonggungsa Temple










Haedong Yonggungsa Temple, Busan

This weekend was exploring Busan with several of my friends that I haven't seen for awhile. One of the amazing places, we went to see was Haedong Yonggungsa Temple, it's in the Northeastern region in Busan. It is also one of the few temples that is along the coast. It was so pretty.

While walking up towards the temple, there were many vendors that sold miscellanous things, street food, and also religionous items. The temple had many parts, they had a pagoda, statues for each zodiac lined up, a buddhist carving, and  they had an underground fresh water pit that you can drink. It looked more man-made than natural. I was looking at the infastructure and was disappointed. As I knocked on the side of the walls, I immediately knew it was a fake underground cave.


The temple had the amazing spot to see the sun set rise too. It is such a pretty and well kept temple that one should visit while in Korea. Here are some of my pictures:















My next adventure, I would like to visit the 3 jewel temples in South Korea. Here are some of the information I have gather for my next adventure.

THREE JEWEL TEMPLES OF KOREA (GYEONGSANG)
TONGDOSA- REPRESENTS THE BUDDHA
HAEINSA-REPRESENTS THE DHARMA/BUDDHIST TEACHING
SONGGWANGSA-REPRESENTS THE SANGHA/BUDDSHIST COMMUNITY (SOUTH JEOLLA PROVINCE)

No comments:

Post a Comment