Monday, December 8, 2014

Epic Halloween Prankin' my Korean Students




It's the last week of October and Halloween was creeping in on Friday. I teach at different schools on certain days, therefore all my afternoon classes were about Halloween. I prepared my power point and grabbed some wonderful templates from the help of waygook. So my lessons for my afternoon class was very similar to each other. I had a power point about Halloween and new vocabulary (ex: ghost, Halloween, vampire, werewolf and etc.). After educating my students about Halloween, Students practice the term "trick or treat". Each student had a turn to say it, I rewarded the students with a piece of candy. I used my favorite source: youtube. 

I showed them what its like to go trick or treating, but I didn't show the civil ones, I showed them the trick or treat pranks. I thought it would be a great laugh and it was! They really enjoyed it and wanted to keep watching but I had one more video to show them. This time it's about a maze....to be exact a scary maze. I'm pretty sure if you are in America or anywhere else, you know what I am talking about. If you are up for the Halloween challenge haha...I quickly played the video and helped myself to the back of the room haha. I was so ready and recording with my iphone. Theses were my 5th and 6th graders, but this afternoon class consist of only 5th graders. These 5th graders can be a handful but I have to say, they are way better than my other 5th and 6th graders at my main school. I have better control of these students better than my other little runts. 

Most of my 5th and 6th graders know how to curse, so I implemented arm raise punishments. It is the entire class, that gets punished not the only one. This had help the students keep each other in check, tremendously. Anyway back to the epic prank story.  The best part is that I didn't realize how loud the projector was but it was perfect! Here is the clip of what their reactions was. I tried to keep myself together, while I was recording. It was such an epic week for me. I was laughing to the point were my tears were coming out..Students were scared but they loved it! Some students said they wanted to watch it again and other were just like "Teacherrrr!!!" IT WAS EPIC!!! Happy Halloween!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment