Sunday, December 20, 2015

What to Pack when Teaching Abroad





Here is my list I recommend:

Eyeglasses/Contacts (year supply)
Medicine (Midol, Tylenol, Advil and etc.)
Spices that you like (It is hard to come by here)
Makeup (Just basic that will last you a month because Korea has a lot of cosmetics here, unless you have a favorite brand in America you cannot live without..LOL)  
Winter Jacket (THICK & WARM)
Light Jacket
Rain Jacket
Sneaker (There will be a lot of walking, so bring comfortable shoes)
Slip-on shoes such as vans or keds or converse, whatever your style is (You will be taking your shoes off when you enter a building so slip on(s) are great!!)
1-2 pairs of Business Casual shoes (Flats)
Boots (Rain & Snow will be great)
2-3 T-shirts, Blouses, Tanks (Trust me pack light on these, you will mostly buy it here)
5-10 Jeans, Legging, Pants (I'm really tall so it's hard to get pants here, so I prepared to bring plenty to last me.)
Toothpaste 
Toothbrush
Cross body bag 
Plug Converters (they use prongs in Korea, I recommending bringing at least 5)
Backpack
English Games (English flash cards, the dollar store is great, they have goldfish English games and some other English flash cards which come in handy)
Flash Drive (You will be plugging your presentation or materials in different computers for every class)
Bedding (Bedsheets, they are not the same in the states. Their bedsheets is that scratchy material.)  

Also some things to give your co-teachers and students are nice such as honey, Starbucks coffee, American gifts and etc.

I hope I thoroughly explained your questions.  And Good Luck on packing!!! Packing was the worst part for me since I wanted to take my entire room with me.. :L :)

No comments:

Post a Comment