Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Piercing in South Korea




While I was waiting for my contacts & glasses to be finished, there was a jewelry shop that did piercings. I have wanted to re-pierce my ears but I was always busy doing something. I had my cartilage pierce last year but it closed up since I didn’t put earrings in.

The jewelry shop was right next to Eye Optical One store so it was perfect. I ended up getting 3 piercings, on my tragus, and two right next to each other on the side of my ear. Piercing cost only 10,000 Won ($8 USD) but the most expensive part was the earring itself. I ended up getting the 14k gold earrings which cost 50,000 Won each ($45 USD). I decided to get 14k gold earrings because I usually get an allergic reaction to the alloy metal and sterling silver.

The piercer did not know any English. She was friendly and was able to mark where the piercing looks the best. She also gave a discount, but only if we paid cash.

As I was getting my ears pierced, the piercer handed me a stuff teddy bear…which I thought was cute. I was seated on one of those plastic stool chairs seen everywhere at the street food vendors. I also want to mention that she did not wear gloves. The piercer sterilized the needle and earring with alcohol which if she didn’t I would have said something.


She also put some cream on which I believe is batrian, it is a clear cream that prevents infection, it looks like vaseline. I’m not going to lie the initial part when the needle is being punctured through my ear hurt like a b*&%$! Afterwards, there was no more pain besides a sore ear. I did it three times. I curse like there is no tomorrow when she punctured my ears..hahahha…

Overall, it was a good experience and I’m loving my new pieces on my ear.

1 comment: