Thursday, February 25, 2016

How to transfer money from South Korea to US for FREE


1. Make sure to have a US Citibank account. Simply apply online, here is the link: Applying to Citibank online



2. Applying to Korea Citibank, which requires to come in to a branch in South Korea.

There is a Citibank in Busan, South Korea which is the one I went too. I came out of town. I took a train from Miryang to Busan. 

From Busan station, I walked out to get to the subway and took the subway to Seomyeon station, Exit 9, turn left at Hanabank, walk straight down, it is on the left side near the police station. 

Make sure to have a passport, ARC card, USB.

Also make sure to ask them for online banking, a card will be issued with code numbers.

3. I had issues with signing online so I called the customer support center and Sang Min helped me all the way through which was awesome. Here is here number, just in case your having trouble too: Sang Min 02-3704-7711

4. Once settling down from all of that. After Sang min's help I was issued a certificate on to my USB which needs to be saved safely.

   1. Plug in USB with certificate
   2. Go to citibank.co.kr on Internet Explorer
   3. Click on sign on certificate
   4. Click whichever disk it is located in, EX. Disc (J)
   5. Enter password
   6. Account is shown

5. Reissuance/Issuance Certificate

   1. Go to Sign on > Certificate Center > Click your situation
   2. Fill in information.
   3. Confirm via phone.

6. Let's transfer some moolah!!! Go to citibank.co.kr on internet explorer or else it would not work.

7. Sign on > Banking: There will be a select certificate screen that pops up. Click the location of the certificate and enter the password. It will grant access to your account.





8. Go to the Banking > F/X Global > Remittances > Citibank Global Transfer



9. Agree to the 2 terms. 



10. Click on T/T to Frg/non-Res, fill in information that applies to you.



11. Click next, confirm and enter the code. 


12. There will be a pop up of the overview and password is needed. The screen will show if the transaction was successful or not.


I hope this helps. I know for sure I had a headache trying to figure it out on my own but I was surely on my way with the great customer support that Citibank provided. I was able to happily transfer money over. 

There is NO fees, which I love about Citibank! Until next time! :)






1 comment:

  1. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more contents...Great job, keep it up..eyebrow embroidery korea

    ReplyDelete