Monday, December 29, 2014

Korean's Experience to Tomato Soup

It was coming to the end of the semester for one of the schools that I teach at once a week. I have bribed the students that I will make them tomato soup since they never had it before. Of course it came with a price, it all depended on their behavior. That is like a childhood soup for me growing up and it's delicious!! But I wasn't to sure it I could deliver the taste that I had back home because it was my first time making it from scratch. But it is the effort that counts. 

I got all the ingredients and threw them in a rice cooker hoping that it would magically make delicious tomato soup. This would save me from making a mess in my tiny little corner of my kitchen. After an hour in the rice cooker, I blended it up with a hand blender.....Tada!!!

I thought it came out great for the first try. I didn't let the students try it until after school class came around. I had a really nice first grade teacher heat it up for me since her classroom had a stove...don't ask me why but it was in my favor... As soon as after school class came around I did my lesson and left enough time for the class to try my homemade tomato soup. I distributed them in paper cups and they were not able to sip it until everyone got one... As the students tried it, I was anxious to know what they thought about it...It was a hit to majority of the students and not so much to others...so it was mixed..but I did give some to the teachers at that school and they said it tasted like tomato juice...lmao and from my observation...they didn't really like it. It was definitely fun letting my student learn about American food.  


No comments:

Post a Comment