Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bugok Hawaii






It getting very close to winter break and almost towards the end of the semester. My main school treats the students to a fun event during this time of year. From what I heard from last year, the 5th and 6th graders went skiing and the 1st-4th graders went to Bugok Hawaii. I had the opportunity to go to the first field trip with my students, therefore I was sooo excited. The students had many field trips throughout this semester but I was not invited to any trips...which I believe it has to do with the budget. The other times when I wasn't invited to the field trip I was in the school library fiddling on the computer. I wasn't sure were we were going tho but I found out when I got to our destination. There is limited usage of English at my main school. First event was snowtubing. It is really different from America. I use to go snowtubing in college in Pennslyvania so I can explain about the differences. In America, there are conveyor belts that pull you up with your snowtube, however in Korea you have to drag your tube up the hill. The hill is less steep compared to America. This is great a great exercise for the students and would wear them out more quickly...lol They also don't have double tubes but this could also be that this is an older snow/theme park. I was told that it is about 30 years old. Since Korea is so civil there is no need to make dividers but there is no person helping you down the hill. I remember when I went in PA there was a guy that would push you down the tube either with crazy spins and etc... but I tried doing that and one of my students, he mentioned to me that it was dangerous. He was so cute and adorable.
Very similar just some differences..



No comments:

Post a Comment