Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Maneosa Temple in Sannamjin

(The rocks were supposedly to be fish at one point but now are rocks. 10,000 Rock Fish)

This weekend one of my co-teacher's friend asked me to participate in a volleyball tournament both women's and men's team. I didn't mind at all. I enjoyed it very much. I love playing volleyball and it bring backs many great memories that I have with my friends back home in America. Afterwards, she took me to see the Maneosa Temple in Sannamjin. 

The ride up to this temple was up a curvy hill going in swivels, not even lying. It felt like a never-ending roller coaster with large plots holes to give the ride a thrill. There was one part were it was scary when my co-teacher's friend was driving. 

We were on a narrow dirt road stuck in a large plot hole and hence that there were no guard rails so if your car falls off the cliff into the big rocks nothing will catch it. And it doesn't help that her car is a old. 

As my co-teacher's friend accelerated the car, the car was slightly going towards the edge of the cliff and that is when I screamed. She was laughing at me because I screamed. It was scary to be honest. After 3 times, I was scared for my life but we were able to surpass the plot hole. After that ordeal, I was praying and hoping that we will make it to the temple safe and sound. 

The temple was beautiful it was on the edge of the mountain were you were able to see the entire town of Sannamjin. The air was so pristine and fresh it rejuvenated my body. That is why I love going hiking and visiting temples in the mountain see the nature and breathing fresh crisp air.  
While I was there, I prayed for my family, friends and myself. My co-teacher's friend took me to the 10,000 rocks piled along side the mountain and told me to look for a rock that dinged inside. I wasn't quite sure what she was trying to tell me until she found one and showed me. 

Basically, you would climb over these large boulder of rocks and take a pebble and cling it against the large rocks. If there was a bell sound in the rock, it suppose to give you luck. (Pretty much a hollow rock) I was able to find one with her help and I carved my initials on it. It is quite amazing experience. I would love to go back again and try to find more. I have to say it's a bit dangerous, so being very cautious is a must. 

So far I have been to almost 5 temples in Korea. I'm hoping to go to many more during my stay. Here is more information about the temple by Korean Temples

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed." -Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment