Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Winter Camp 2014







This week I started one of my winter camps for my main school. It was suppose to be three days but it was cut down to two days only. I did mainly fun learning activities. I would like the camp to be longer so I can get to know my students a little better. It is better than desk forming. 

The first day I did name tags, reviewing camp rules, splitting them into teams and the Santa knot activity (human knot) since my camp theme revolved around Christmas. It was a two hour class. The next hour we did a Christmas scavenger hunt around the school. There was also a bonus there was one item that was a present. It was a surprise for the group, each box had a piece of candy for each of the members. It was a hit! The students loved it. 

The second day, we did a cooking class. We made reindeer poop (muddie buddie). The students were gross out about the mixture because it didn't look so appetizing. It looked more like "dong" as what the students said. "Dong" in Koren means poop which I thought was hilarious. In my head I was thinking wait until you try the crack (finish product)...It's like crack!! It is that good..After finish making the snack, the students were able to sample them. It was a HIT!! The students were begging for more but we had to play a Christmas bomb game. 

First, we did a review as a class and then the bomb game. At each table the snack was laid in the center and the students were handed one plastic glove. The students had a sandwich bag to put ther reindeer poop in when they earn points from the game. It was hilarious watching them trying to earn the points. They could even eat the snack either. I wanted them to wait until we finish the game or otherwise they will be eating instead of paying attention. It was a great amusing winter camp. I have one more winter camp to go that is one week long in January. So this will be my last post until next year. See you all in the following year.

Happy Holidays & a Happy New Year!!! <3
XOXO,
Chuiee


No comments:

Post a Comment