Sunday, January 18, 2015

2nd Winter Camp 2015



I have one more winter camp left before my vacation starts, however this winter camp is held in January. It started today and lasts for 5 days. I have to say this is the longest camp I have so far. This school has the smallest class size averaging about 27 students for the entire school. Yep! 27 students consisting from grades 1st-6th. I don't mind it at all, having small class sizes gives me the opportunity to work with students one on one... The students so far are a little more advance in English compared to my other two schools. They are great caring students and probably one of my favorites so far. I have not have any problems with them so far and I'm in my 6 month here in Korea. Time sure does fly by fast. The first day of camp started today and I thought it went great for the students. As I was teaching new vocabulary and talking, I was not trying to be funny but somehow it was to the students. I just started to laugh with them but it made the class go by so much faster. Majority of the students seemed really happy and amazed. I have lesson planned this camp back in December, but here is a sneak peak of it. 





The theme is Christmas, since I had another camp back in December. (I'm keeping it brief and not writing the details because that is why I have a lesson plan sheet completed):

Day 1: Camp rules, Learning about awards, Team placement, Learning each other names, Santa Knot
Day 2: Christmas Scavenger Hunt and Spelling Contest 
Day 3: Cooking Class: Reindeer Poop (Muddie Buddie)
Day 4: Science Class: Magical Snowflake
Day 5: "A wish to be a Christmas Tree", Comprehension check and bomb game.









No comments:

Post a Comment